- He/she will have a team of 5 reporting to him/her (SRM, RM,ARM)
- Contribute to the development of the annual departmental budget, ensuring that adequate funding provision is made for all activities in the unit
- Communicate FI strategy to RMs and the group at a macro level where necessary to ensure alignment of purpose and direction in work
- Proactively explore and capitalize on market opportunities in assigned geographical area and target markets with considerable growth with a view to increasing market portfolio and profitability.
- Meeting with Financial Institutions to maintain and develop the relationship and to market the services and products offered by the bank.
- Meet with senior bankers and regulators or communicate with them as needed to further promote bank products, services, network and latest developments within the bank.
- Carry out the necessary due diligence / Know Your Customer procedures on all FI names bank deals with and / or prospective names
- Monitor and evaluate trends and emerging issues pertaining to compliance policies / procedure and market news
- Handling all FI compliance requirements to ensure timely and proper reporting/feedback is provided to the FI on all such issues.
- Ensure that all limits and terms and conditions of approvals are respected at all times and that amendments to these lines according to the needs of the clients/countries and/or their financial/market situation are recommended
- Recommend and review country limits in line with the Bank’s/Group’s needs
- Acting as a bank main point of contact for global FI’s in the designated geographical region and liaises between them and the relevant bank departments / entities regarding any product or service line. Ensures that communication flow is smooth and that both FI and bank center / department is being serviced as required.
- Establishing and/or managing the relationships with financial institutions (FIs) in the area of coverage and ensuring smooth dealings in terms of trouble shooting, attending to their requirements and also attending to the requirements of the bank with these FIs. The Area Head is ultimately responsible for all the FI relationships under his/her coverage and manages the team in the area and in the field accordingly.
- Managing the risk portfolio for FIs in different product lines; treasury and transaction banking (specifically correspondent banking and trade finance). The Area Head requires a solid background in credit analysis which involves financial and country risk analysis. The analysis should also include compliance risk management to ensure that all dealings are in line with our compliance policies and procedures.8
- The Area Head is responsible for initiating/availing and developing business opportunities with FIs in order to meet profitability requirements as a part of his/her KPIs. Cross-selling of the bank activities is also included.