Responsible for executing the risk and governance program by performing the following:
- Maintain a risk register based on the identified applicable laws and regulations, fraud schemes, and AML considerations.
- Maintain an inventory of internal controls and map them to key risk areas.
- Track the progress of remediation of control weaknesses identified by Internal Audit, self-testing, or controls assessment.
- Assist in the execution of the corporate compliance, fraud, and BSA risk assessments by identifying the key risks and assessing mitigating controls to determine the risk profile for the organization.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of key risk indicators (KRIs) that are mapped to various risks to determine elevations in risk and proactively implement risk mitigation measures.
- Identify emerging risks that present new regulatory, fraud, or money laundering risks. These includes risks associated with new products and services, customer types, geographies, and channels.
- Coordinate the collection of risk information from source systems, departments, and reporting. Analyze the data and apply to various key risk areas to update the risk profile.
- Provide assistance to in developing and updating policies and procedures by enforcing document standards.
- Manage the publication, dissemination, and availability of compliance and financial crimes policies and procedures.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working for a bank.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent. MBA or MS a plus.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of risks identification, assessment, and management frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes.
- Knowledge of the risk and governance standards such as COSO framework, SR08-8, and the OECD and Basel Corporate Governance Principles.
- Strong skills in spreadsheets and in analyzing large volumes of data.
Job Code: HC#JCN/17609/2019